Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) is the technology employees can use to place phone calls over an Internet connection instead of a traditional phone line. VoIP has become the top choice for businesses with the rise of remote work, and it offers several benefits. We’ve outlined the top benefits below.
- Lower Costs: Instead of paying for call minutes or unpredictable long-distance fees, VoIP helps lower your overall costs. There are very little up-front costs, and you only pay for the users that use the service and the features you want.
- Scalability: VoIP is highly scalable and allows users to scale up or down for the number of users and features needed. Also, you don’t need a skilled technician to visit your office to scale the number of users. It can be easily set up in a single application.
- Worldwide Access: One of the biggest benefits to VoIP is that it supports a remote workforce. Instead of a phone line limited to a single location, a VoIP system handles phone calls over the Internet, and employees can use the phone system anywhere with an Internet connection.
- Highly Reliable: While VoIP requires an Internet connection, in case of an Internet outage, a VoIP system can continue to ring on a mobile app or PC softphone.
- Easy Integration: VoIP easily integrates into a wide variety of existing business systems including Outlook or other email systems.
- Security: Compared to a traditional telephone connection, VoIP is more secure. It has standardized encryption protocols that cannot be done on a regular phone connection.
- Enhanced Features: In addition to phone calls, a VoIP system has features like video conferencing and instant messaging. Additionally, voicemails can be forwarded to employees’ emails with transcription.
- Increased Productivity: Phone calls, video conferencing, text, email, and live chat are all located in one single application. VoIP helps improve communication, productivity, and collaboration.
- Easy Installation: IP phones are incredibly easy to install. There is no need for expert technicians to run phone wiring through your office.